Welcome to The Calendar on saratogaliving.com—our expertly curated list of the top events, live music, readings, workshops and everything else in between hitting the Capital Region on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. As always, The Calendar will be updated on Thursdays, so that you’ll have a jump on your weekend plans. You’ll never have to ask “What’s going on in Saratoga?” ever again!
Saratoga Home & Lifestyle Show – March 2-4
This weekend, the Saratoga Rotary Club will host its annual Saratoga Home & Lifestyle Show at the Saratoga Springs City Center. Now in its 45th year, the Show, which takes place from March 2-4, hosts over 100 regional exhibitors showing off home improvement services, decor and furnishings, energy-saving products, outdoor living and landscaping tools, family recreation options and lifestyle products and services. Event-goers can enjoy both the Home & Lifestyle Show, as well as a fine arts and crafts fair taking place on the 2nd floor. The latter is completely free to get in, courtesy of the event’s sponsor, the Adirondack Trust Company.
“With such a wide variety of exhibits, as well as crafts and art to purchase, the show will appeal to homeowners, apartment dwellers and condo residents,” says Deb Czech of the Saratoga Springs Rotary Club. “The show is a fun community event and a chance for people to start planning their spring home and outdoor projects with the help of local experts.” The Saratoga Springs Rotary Club will direct funds raised from the Show to local nonprofit organizations such as the Salvation Army, Franklin Community Center, Saratoga Regional YMCA, Rebuilding Together, Shelters of Saratoga, Code Blue and Saratoga Community Health Center.
This year’s Show promises a few firsts. On Saturday, a handful of local restaurants including Longfellows, Bookmakers, Forno Bistro and Olde Bryan Inn will compete in the Rotary Mac ‘n Cheese Bake-off. Attendees can sample recipes from 11am to 3pm, then vote for their favorite. On Sunday at noon, the Show gets its first-ever Tool Demo, a workshop hosted by Allerdice Building Supply and Northern Dean that teaches event-goers how to properly use standard tools like drills, impact drivers and multi-tools, and provides tips for how to complete common household tasks like installing a towel bar and patching drywall.
Friday, March 2
- Adirondack Angels CD Release – 8pm at Caffè Lena – 47 Phila Street, Saratoga Springs
- RAIN – A Tribute to the Beatles – 8pm at Proctors – 432 State Street, Schenectady
- Wyclef Jean – 9pm-1am at Putnam Place- 63 Putnam Street, Saratoga Springs
- An Evening With Elizabeth Kolbert: The Sixth Extinction – 7pm at Skidmore College, Gannet Auditorium – 815 North Broadway, Saratoga Springs
- Everything You Touch – 8pm at the Skidmore Theater – 815 North Broadway (read more about the student-run production here).
- First Friday Friends with Flying Rob & Friends – 10am at Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library – 475 Moe Road, Clifton Park
- Saratoga Home and Lifestyle Show – 5pm at the Saratoga Springs City Center – 522 Broadway, Saratoga Springs
- The Great Upstate Boat Show – 11am-8pm at the Adirondack Sports Complex – 326 Sherman Avenue, Queensbury
- Free Tang Guide Tour – 12pm at the Tang Teaching Museum – 815 Broadway, Saratoga Springs
- North & South Dakotas – 6pm at the Saratoga Winery & Tasting Room – 462 Route 29 West, Saratoga Springs
- Savion Glover Master Class – 6pm to 7:30pm at the National Museum of Dance – 99 South Broadway, Saratoga Springs
Saturday, March 3
- Skidmore Small Jazz Ensembles – 8pm at Caffè Lena – 47 Phila Street
- SPAC Winter Ball – “Journey Under the Sea” – 7pm at the Hall of Springs – 108 Avenue of the Pines
- Everything You Touch – 8pm at the Skidmore Theater – 815 North Broadway
- The Great Upstate Boat Show – 10am-7pm at the Adirondack Sports Complex – 326 Sherman Avenue, Queensbury
- Saratoga Home and Lifestyle Show – 9am -7pm at the Saratoga Springs City Center – 522 Broadway, Saratoga Springs
- Saratoga Winery Comedy Show – 7:30pm at the Saratoga Winery – 462 Route 29, Saratoga Springs
- The Ugly Duckling (Opera-to-Go) – 11am-1pm at the Saratoga Arts Center – 320 Broadway, Saratoga Springs
- Glens Falls Brewfest – 4pm-7pm at the Queensbury Hotel – 88 Ridge Street, Queensbury
- Savion Glover Master Class – 1pm to 2:30pm and 3pm to 4:30pm – 99 South Broadway, Saratoga Springs
- Skeeter Creek – 8pm at the Saratoga Casino Hotel – 342 Jefferson Street, Saratoga
- Terry Gordon Quartet – 9pm at 9 Maple – 9 Maple Avenue, Saratoga Springs
Sunday, March 4
- Everything You Touch – 2pm at the Skidmore Theater – 815 North Broadway
- The Great Upstate Boat Show – 10am-5pm at the Adirondack Sports Complex – 326 Sherman Avenue, Queensbury
- Saratoga Home and Lifestyle Show – 10am -4pm at the Saratoga Springs City Center – 522 Broadway, Saratoga Springs
- Community Purim Carnival – 1pm-3pm at Gavin Park – 10 Lewis Road
- Yoga for Teens Ages 11-17 – 1pm-2pm at Lilananda Yoga – 585 Saratoga Rd
- Sunday Fun Tie Dye Day – 2pm-4pm at The Candle Collective – 20 Prospect Street, Building 2, Suite 214, Ballston Spa
- Amy Jarman and Jennifer McGuire – 3pm at the Zankel Music Center at Skidmore College – 815 North Broadway, Saratoga Springs
- Jocelyn & Chris Arndt – 7pm at Caffe Lena – 47 Phila Street
- Flap Jack Fundraiser – 8am-10am at Applebee’s – 3 Lowe’s Drive, Saratoga Springs